17 December 2008

Trip to Pensacola

We left from Hoover on Friday at about 10 a.m. We rented a 2009 Chevrolet Impala at the Hoover Hertz Rentals. I drove the entire way, and I think, we only stopped twice. Which is a miracle in and of itself. LOL. I always have to pee somewhere along the way. ha! We got to Pensacola at about 2:30 and went to see Jeremy's dad at his shop on the high school campus. He told us to go pick up Jeremy's mom at the College campus. So, we left there and went to pick up Shirley. When we picked her up and dropped her off at her house, we went to get our hair cut at nearby shop that Jeremy used to go to when he was younger. We got there and had to wait about an hour before Jeremy got his hair cut. Then I had to wait another 30 minutes or so for the lady to do someone else's hair first. Then I told her EXACTLY what I wanted and even showed her a picture. But she kept ..ting. My hair is so0o0 short now! As you can probably tell from the pictures. When we finally left the shop, it was close to 6. We went back to Jeremy's parents' house, I took a shower while Allan (Jeremy's dad) went to get the pizza. When I got out of the shower, we ate and watched a movie (The Christmas Shoes) and then I went to bed while Jeremy went out with his friend Mike. He got home around 11. But I don't remember. LOL.
The next morning, Saturday. We had to get up at 4am to leave the house by 5 to get to Wewahitchka by 9 am, so we could spend the whole time allotted with Steven, Jeremy's brother who is in prison. We got there around 8:30, and after I got checked in to make sure I could go in, they searched us and we went in to wait on Steven to come in. He came in around 9:15 or so and we spent the day with him, until 2. We took pics, but I'll have to get those on here when I get them.
We left the prison and headed back towards Pensacola. (That's when we saw the roadkill...there are pics. ew.) We stopped and ate at Sonny's. It was pretty good. Then we went to the zoo and saw the Zoolights. 

It was a LOT of fun. But it was really cold. I got to feed the goats! They were so cute!!!
We finally got home around 10 or so and I took a shower and uploaded all the pics from the day. And then we went to bed. We had to be up the next morning, Sunday, at 9 am to be at church at 10:15. We went to Jeremy's parents' church. It's HUGE! There are so many seats..It looks like a glorified version of the Alabama Theatre in B'ham. There's even a balcony..and not to mention, the stage turns! There's a another stage behind the choir stage ( did I mention the whole thing turns!?!?!!) And, there's a balcony to seat people too. The service is recorded live and broadcasted on TV. There were over 2000 people there even though most of the college students were gone already for Christmas. I was overwhelmed...and intimidated. It was a nice service though.
When we left church, Jeremy's parents took us to Olive Garden for lunch. It was so good. Then Jeremy and I went to the mall to return a gift he got me, that I didn't need. LOL. Afterwards, we walked around the mall, got my rings cleaned, went to Taco Bell and met up with Jeremy's friend Mike, and his parents.
Then we went back to Jeremy's parents' house and packed up our stuff. We left their house around 4 and headed to Pensacola Beach. It was really windy and the waves were constant....well....you know what I mean. It was so windy, my hair was whipped straight back. Check out the pics if you have a chance and leave some comments!
We left Pensacola around 5 and headed home. But Jeremy got it in his head he wanted to go to the casino. So, we stopped in Shorter, Alabama and played at the casino til about 11:30. We got home around 1:30 and were in bed by 1:45. I was exhausted. Jeremy drove most of the way, but I took a nap after we left the casino, until he started running off the road and woke me up, then I drove from Pelham to Pell City. I had a hard time staying awake on the way home. But we made it! I had to be up at 5:30 Monday morning to be at work at 7. So, I was really tired.
All in all, it was a pretty good trip. I would have liked to stay longer and spend more time on the beach and with Jeremy's parents. But, we have to work, so we had to come back. )=
SO, that's our trip...boring, I know. But, we only went to see Jeremy's brother for Christmas.
Hope everyone else has a very Merry Christmas!!

No comments:


PitaPata Dog tickers


PitaPata Cat tickers


PitaPata Dog tickers