02 April 2013

RTT: Nesting and Breaking up our Family

So last week, I got a nesting itch and had to have Jeremy help me rearrange the bedroom. We moved the bed from one wall to the other and then moved everything else around the room to accommodate the bed's new position. I liked it pretty well except for the fact that our bedroom will soon become the baby's room since we aren't moving. 

We looked at houses for rent in our area, but our apartment complex requires two months prior notice before moving out. I think it's ridiculous...it's not as if they can show/rent the property while we're living here. They also require a fee of one month's rent to break the lease. We don't want to pay that and we don't have anywhere to move, thanks to the sequestration. *grumble grumble* So it looks like we're going to have to make our small two-bedroom apartment work for now. Which means we will have to get rid of Tobias. :( I love my Toby. I mean, look at this sweet pic of him when he was a baby:
 And this one:

He is the most loving cat that I've ever known. He calls me "mama" and begs to be picked up when I let him out of his room in the mornings. He has calmed down a lot now that he is almost two. It's just, we live in a two bedroom apartment! There is nowhere to put his litter boxes and I can't have him climbing into the crib with the baby. Since the baby will have his/her own room, Toby won't have his own room anymore and he really needs to be put up at night since he is a cat after all...mischievous and curious. 

I had the nesting itch again last night and I had Jeremy help (read: Jeremy did all the hard work) me move our bedroom to Toby's room (which is the apartment's master bedroom b/c it has a bathroom). We moved everything from that closet to the storage closet and then the baby clothes/gear went into our old closet. Our old bedroom is still a disaster, but the master bedroom is in working order and I cleaned the tub out today (Toby's litter boxes were in that bathroom). 

Now Toby's litter boxes are in the guest bath, which means the entire hallway stinks because J hasn't cleaned them out in awhile. We can't put Toby in that bathroom at night because it's just too small and he begs to be out. We can't leave him out in the "general population," as J calls the apartment as a whole, because he gets into stuff. 

It just breaks my heart...
I don't want to have to find my little furry buddy a new home...I loves him.
Stacy

 Link up with Stacy Uncorked for more randomness. She's been crafty this week!

1 comment:

Stacy Uncorked said...

You have been nesting, haven't you? :) Toby is such a cutie - how old is he? Have you done a test run to see how he'd be at night not locked up? Our cats have surprised us by actually sleeping when we're sleeping (of course one sleeps in our room and the other sleeps in Princess Nagger's room and the other 3 have free reign of the Summer House out back - but haven't destroyed anything...yet! heh!). They tend to do their mischievous stuff during the day (in between lots of cat naps). :) We did have to find a new home for one of our former cats just before Princess Nagger was born because he seemed to think the crib was set up for his own personal sleeping area. ;) If you have to find a new home for Toby, hopefully it'll be where you can have visitation rights. :)


Easter Fun, Forgetful Mind, Minecraft Craftiness: Random Tuesday Thoughts Rebel

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers