22 November 2011

30 Day Challenge: Day 17

Day 17: A picture of something that has made
a huge impact on your life recently.
My thyroid medicine. In March, I was diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism by 
my OBGYN. Now, for the rest of my life, I will have to take a pill
every morning. I've been neglecting to get my thyroid levels re-checked,
so I've been feeling really sluggish lately. 
Some of my symptoms are:

  • Fatigue
  • Weakness
  • Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
  • Coarse, dry hair
  • Dry, rough pale skin
  • Hair loss
  • Cold intolerance (you can't tolerate cold temperatures like those around you)
  • Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
  • Constipation
  • Depression
  • Irritability
  • Memory loss
  • Abnormal menstrual cycles
  • Decreased libido
Unfortunately, I have a lot of these symptoms. I'm just hoping the 7th symptom
doesn't become an issue this winter. I'm already freezing
and it's not even that cold in the apt.

3 comments:

Jaybee said...

You should really go have it re-checked. Seriously it's for your own good. I'm going to start texting you a billion times everyday asking if you have gone to the doctor until you do. So be prepared to be bombarded, jus'sayin'

Jessica said...

I also have been diagnosed with thyroid issues. Yuck! I've been taking mine for 2 months, it's worked with some symptoms but others not so much. I go back in a few weeks and have it checked again! I'm so not looking forward to having to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life. Not fun!

Shirley Donalds said...

My Husband and I are really grateful to have taken bovine thyroid supplements . it not only brought as back to good health, but it also helped us keep out TSH levels at normal

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers