15 May 2013

Book Review: "The Next Best Thing"

The Next Best ThingThe Next Best Thing by Jennifer Weiner

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really liked this book. It was a quick read (for me) and the plot wasn't twisted or hard to follow after setting the book down for a few hours. (I am recently having a hard time focusing on reading with my little Cirque du Soleil acrobatist performing in my belly.) I could relate to the struggle the main character had with her appearance (although I am not horribly disfigured!) and the awkward relationships she had with her coworkers. I found myself cheering her on and being really disappointed when everyone tried to "fix" what she had written for the tv show. I didn't enjoy the steamy parts of the book and was frankly embarassed when they came up as I was NOT expecting them. But, getting past that, this was a great read and I really like this author for quick reads that don't require me to pay too much attention.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers