15 May 2013

Book Review: "The Sunshine When She's Gone"

The Sunshine When She's GoneThe Sunshine When She's Gone by Thea Goodman

My rating: 1 of 5 stars


**Spoiler alert**

The PM sent me the hardback copy of this book and I really wanted to like it. It has a great title and the cover was very eye-catching. However, the characters were somewhat boring and the entire plot was just weird. I can understand the wife, Veronica, not being interested in having sex with her husband--She just had a baby and a hysterectomy. Ok, it's awesome that the husband, John, takes the baby out for awhile so she can get some much-needed and deserved rest. I don't really understand why she freaks out about it--her husband has just as much of a duty to take care of the baby as she does and she should just chill out and let him do his thing. But then, when he leaves the COUNTRY with their baby, I lose all hope for him. Has he lost his mind!? First of all...the baby has been on a strict diet since birth and he actually gives the child cow's milk!? She isn't even able to sit up by herself, how is she supposed to digest cow's milk? Absurd. And how crazy do you have to be to take your daughter to another country without letting her mother know beforehand?! Who does that?! Then he smokes pot? I just can't even comprehend what an idiot this guy is.

Just to make this short and because I have better things to do: I didn't like the book. I didn't like the characters, couldn't relate to them, and the ending was vague. Did I mention the title had nothing to do whatsoever, with what happened in the book?



View all my reviews

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers