27 April 2011

RTT: A Tomato!!!! A what?? A TORNADO!!

It's time for Random Tuesday Thoughts, which used to be hosted
by Keely at The Un Mom, but she is currently on hiatus. Therefore, I
have decided to host Random Tuesday Thoughts as well as her blogging 
buddies JulieAne,Stacy, Cass and Raven .
If you want to participate, just link up with Mr. Linky at the bottom of this post.
Be sure to use your RTT's URL and not your entire blog's URL.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! :) 

So, I haven't been blogging in awhile. I apologize for that. I just haven't
been in the mood lately. Especially after Jeremy left Saturday the 8th.
I lazed around the entire weekend and went to Nana's
with Mama Monday. Tuesday I did laundry all day and packed to 
go to Amanda's (my sister). Wednesday I left home and 
headed to Springville with Sabrina. {She was really depressed-looking
because Daddy was gone to AT. ): }

When we got there, we got settled in. Then my sister wanted to 
go get groceries and snacks for our trip. When we were done, we 
drove to get J so I could see him before we left for Mississippi.
Unfortunately, he didn't tell me that he was all the way in Tarrant. We drove
way out of the way to get there. And then Amanda got mad because J
was still sick. {Not my fault, I thought he was better.}

Anywho... J and I spent the night at Mama's since Amanda moved
her guest bed over there. J had a co-worker {i.e. another soldier} pick
him up from Mama's, so I didn't have to drive him at 6:30. {ridiculous!}
After I had a shower, I went over to Amanda's to help her get the 
babies ready and the car packed. We didn't leave until almost 1:30.
Then, we stopped in Trussville to get something to eat since
Boog hadn't had anything for breakfast. We all ate, and I fed The Princess.
Then we finally got on the road to Mississippi. {FYI, we were
going to MS to see Amanda's high school friend, who we'll call "the friend". 
She had asked Amanda to come spend the weekend with her, but Amanda
didn't want to drive all the way to MS by herself with two babies, so when she asked
me, I said I would go.}
We drove forever to get there. Had to stop three times for dirty 
diapers and bottles. {Because I'm sure you want the details...} 
The first time we stopped,
was because we thought The Princess had a dirty diaper, but alas,
it was Boog. {Still not potty-trained.} Then we had to stop to make
a bottle for The Princess. Not too long after that, we had to stop
to change her diaper. Finally, like literally 6 hours later, we 
made it to Clinton, MS. {This chick lives in the boonies.}

When we get there, we start bringing all of our stuff in and the friend
shows us where we're supposed to sleep. She has a fold-out
toddler couch for The Princess to sleep on.
Like this, but with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on it...
For Boog, she has a crib mattress on the floor. For Amanda,
she has a twin-size bunk bed mattress on the floor. {Did I mention
Amanda is pregnant??} And for me, she has a twin-size bunk bed in another
room. Ok... That night, we move all the beds into her boys' bedroom {They 
slept with her.} so we can watch TV to go to sleep. The babies refuse to go to
sleep. We all swap beds a few times before we end up getting 3 hours of 
sleep. It was horrible. It was really hot in the bedroom and there was
absolutely NO noise. We all sleep with fans, so not having a fan
or air-conditioner noise was torture. 
When we woke up Friday morning, there were tornado watches for most
of the state. We got up, showered and dressed quickly and headed out to 
the Science Museum in Jackson. {We didn't want to stay at
the friend's home since she lives in a trailer.} On the way, we 
stopped at Wally World to pick up a few pillows {She only provided 2 pillows
for the 4 of us...}, a bottle brush and some dish liquid {She doesn't use it
at all? Ok.} Before we could check out, the friend comes rushing in with
her two boys {She went to pick up the 8 year old from school} and 
told us the tornado was 10-20 minutes away. Something like that. I 
rushed through the check-out line to buy my pillows, contact-solution
{I forgot my glasses at Mama's house!!! Panic! I only had the one pair
of contact lenses and I never sleep in them. But was forced to since
I didn't have a lot of contact solution.} and hair clips. Amanda didn't 
even get to buy the things she needed.
We rushed {and what I really
mean is, we broke a few laws getting to the Science Museum. The friend
drove like a maniac and it was already raining. It was really hard to follow
her.} to the museum and I jumped out and grabbed the babies and 
the friend let her two boys out on the sidewalk with me. I carried
both babies {it was raining.} while the boys walked in front of me to the
overhang in front of the building. We waited about 5-8 minutes before
Amanda and her friend got up there. When they did, we all were 
directed to the bottom floor to wait out the tornado warning. {Plus side- we 
didn't have to pay to get in. Score!} We waited
in the caterpillar exhibit for around 30 minutes with about 100+ school-aged
kids jumping, screaming and playing around us. Surprisingly, The Princess and
Boog were really well-behaved!
After the warnings were over, we got up and checked out the exhibit and 
the rest of the museum. It was pretty boring since it was for school-aged kids.
Boog got in trouble a few times for running out of our sight. Amanda and I 
took turns carrying The Princess and the diaper bag since she hadn't
bought a stroller for her. {We have since found one.}
Wish we had had it while we were at the museum. This little Princess
weighs a lot! LOL.

After the museum, we headed back to the friend's home in Clinton. 
On the way there, we passed over the tornado's path of destruction.
I snapped a few pics, so we would have proof of our "near-death experience".
Pretty impressive, but the guy who was dumb brave enough to record
the actual tornado got much better footage:

And when I get on YouTube to find the video that my sister saw, I find that
there is more than one video... more than one idiot, brave person out trying to 
record a tornado... If you watch this video, you will see the Chik-fil-A next to the Wally
World that we were at 20 minutes before the tornado hit, less than a block away. 
Pretty scary. Thank God, we "got out of dodge"...*snicker snicker*

Anywho... We stopped by a grocery store and bought some real food to
make for dinner and finally got a bottle brush at a Dollar General. That night,
the friend borrowed a box fan from her mother-in-law and we finally got some
sleep. After the friend and Amanda took the kids to the park, {while I stayed behind
with the sleeping Princess, to wash our clothes and pack up our stuff}, Amanda
came back to pick me and The Princess up so we could get something to
eat with the friend before we left town. 

We finally headed out of town after 3:30 {I think} and we made it to Chunky, MS,
{No, I'm not making that up..it's an actual town.} when the tire started making
a funny noise. I asked Amanda if it was the road, she said she thought it was.
When we went over a smooth bridge, the tire was still making the noise, so she slowed
down and it got worse. We pulled off at the exit for Chunky, MS and I got out to
check out the tire. Sure enough, the tire was split.
Amanda called her insurance agent and they sent someone out to put the
spare tire on. We waited over an hour for the guy to get there. While we were
waiting, at least 7 people stopped to offer assistance, including a sheriff. 
Thank you citizens of Chunky! We both joked that we were moving there
since the people were so nice. ☺ 
 The Princess "driving" while we wait.
To keep him from sitting in the car, I made up a game for Boog.
We threw rocks at this sign. It was a lot of fun! No really! When we left, he cried,
"I can't throw my rocks!". Poor little guy. :( 
When the tire was finally fixed, we followed the guy to the Wally World in
Meridian, so Amanda could get some cash to buy a new tire. It was of
course, Saturday night and everywhere else had already closed for the night, 
so we had no choice but to use the guy-who-fixed-the-tire's friend. 
We followed him into the middle of nowhere and I stayed in the car with the
babies while Amanda helped the man unload the luggage to get to the
bad tire in the trunk. They replaced the tire in less than 10 minutes and we 
were on our way. 

We didn't get home until after 11pm. We were so exhausted. We
unpacked the car and got the babies ready for bed. Amanda, Tim and Boog
crashed and I rocked The Princess to sleep and then laid her in her crib. Then, I headed 
for bed myself. Despite being in a familiar place, I didn't sleep well. Over-exhaustion
probably. After going to the park Sunday, I left and went to meet up with J
in Trussville. Of course the check-engine light came on while we were down
there, so J got under the hood to find out what was wrong. He couldn't find the 
problem, so he sent me on my way and he headed back to his unit.

I got home and Sabrina and I settled in to watch some movies before bed. 
The next day, Monday, J got to come home after half a day. We took the car 
to get the codes read and to pick up supplies to do an oil change. Turns out,
I didn't tighten the gas cap all the way the last time I filled up, so there was
an engine emissions read-out. Oops...my bad! 

After getting the car checked out, we went to the mall and had some Chik-fil-A
and watched a movie, Arthur. It was really funny and I definitely recommend it! 
Tuesday, we just "chillaxed" at home since J had to go back to work Wednesday
morning at the crack of dawn. 
Sabrina and I just chilled at home the rest of the week until J came home a day
early on Friday. :) We had a Harry Potter marathon Saturday and then again
Sunday night. Most of Sunday we cleaned. I'm not really sure what
he did, but I cleaned out the spare bedroom and washed clothes. LOL.
Yesterday he went back to his regular job and I washed clothes and cleaned the
living room. Today I haven't done ANYTHING but blog and watch Ugly Betty. 
I'm not feeling real productive. 
I did call to reschedule my doctor appointment
to check on my thyroid. Hopefully my levels haven't changed, so I won't
have to have another prescription. I don't feel like the one I'm on is
helping me at all though. I still feel like a zombie most of the time.
And did I mention I make lizards look soft and silky?? Seriously,
I'm flakier than a high school cheerleader... haha. Just kidding. 
If anyone has an recommendations on how to treat my scalp
and forehead, that would be awesome.

I hope this is random enough for everyone! Maybe now I can get back into the swing
of blogging everyday more frequently. :)

BTW, the title of this post is from a book I read when I was much
younger. But, I can't remember the title. :(

I hope everyone had a very blessed Easter and a great weekend!
Keep on being random!
Don't forget to link up with Mr. Linky!

No comments:


PitaPata Dog tickers


PitaPata Cat tickers


PitaPata Dog tickers