26 March 2012

Book Review: So Damn Lucky

So Damn LuckySo Damn Lucky by Deborah Coonts
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

SPOILER ALERT:

Alright Lucky! I enjoyed this book a lot more than the last. I was disappointed though, that Lucky is still having to solve murders. WTH is up with that? Why can't she just be the Customer Relations person for the hotel and nothing else? Coonts needs to just go ahead and declare Lucky a P.I. alongside The Beautiful Jeremy Whitlock and get it over with.


This time, instead of a swarm of bees, Lucky is dealing with a UFO convention and a bunch of magicians that are already getting on my nerves in the first few chapters. It was no surprise that Dimitri Fortunoff body disappeared when he "died" in Houdini's water box of death, or whatever it was called. I just can't figure out who stole his body and why? Why didn't Coonts reveal that at the end? I don't know. Maybe I just missed that explanation.


I was a little upset when Teddie started acting a fool and was being stand-offish towards Lucky. But, then I was hopeful that she and Dane might hook up, finally!


In the first two books, I was praying that she and Dane would be an item. Obviously, there was an attraction. I was overjoyed though, when she and Teddie finally realized their love for one another. He seemed like the perfect guy. I had a feeling though that he would become a flake once all the fame and fortune went to his head while he was out performing. So, it came as no surprise that he and Lucky called it splits afer one more rendevous. I'm thinking that Lucky won't be as intriguing once she's married off and probably this is what Coonts is thinking as well.


I really liked this book while I was reading it, but now that I'm actually writing the review, I'm going to change my rating to 4 stars. I now feel like it was missing something. The last page of the second book, Lucky Stiff tells us that Lucky's Mother, Mona is pregnant! But she really doesn't go into detail in the third book. I'm glad that they are finally going to go public with the secret of The Big Boss being Lucky's father. Yay for them. The truth will out!


You're in for a surprise when you find out who Lucky decides will be her next man. I was shocked!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers