- When I read a book, I keep a pencil close at-hand to underline misspelled words. How can the most simple of words get by an editor??
- I just noticed that through our bank, we are on a rewards program that earns us points for using our debit cards. Apparently we can buy stuff with our points. And the irony in the fact that I notice these reward points the day after I delete the email from the bank, which stated that the reward program was ending in October, is not lost on me. I didn't think we were on the program until I checked the balance online today. Go figure...
- Sometimes I convince myself that if I don't attend an event, it was like it didn't happen. I.E, if I didn't go to Boog's third birthday party, it wouldn't have happened. He would still be 2 forever. I shouldn't have gone....*sigh* I can't believe he's 3.
- I went with Amanda to her ultra-sound appt Wednesday. It was scheduled for 3:40, but I thought it was at 2:30. I didn't intend on being gone ALL day. When we got there, they acted like they didn't even know she was supposed to be there. They told her that the appt was for Thursday. Whaaaaaat? They didn't want to work her in, but reluctantly, they did. We were there over 2 hours.
- It was really cool getting to "see" the new baby for the first time. They were just making sure everything was going well (and it is going well) since this was an unplanned pregnancy. Read about why, here.
- I hated driving home afterwards though. It was dark and I am nearly blind, so it took forever to get home.
- I am so excited about Fall! I can't wait to drag out all my orange, red and yellow decorations and mix them in with all my green. Fall is my favorite time of the year and this will be the first time to decorate our new home. Here is what our living room looks like now (viewpoint from my couch.):
<<< To the left is the hallway
and to the right is the entrance into the kitchen. I love my books, but that bookcase is only 3 years old and already falling apart. Small knick-knack shelf is from a thrift store (I painted it sage-green), painting is from TJ Maxx and the sign is from Hobby Lobby! ♥
>>> Bookshelf again and the entryway to the kitchen. The sign to the right of the bookshelf, "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" is from Hobby Lobby. I hung the O,A,K,S all by myself, which is why it is crooked. They are also from Hobby Lobby. The plate between the doors is from Germany. J brought it to me when he was laid over coming home from Afghanistan. And the magnetic calendar is from Dollar General. I ♥ Sunflowers.
<<< Cross is from H.L. as is the PRAY plaque. Love the lamp (One of 3 matching) from Big Lots. Yes, that is a pack of leftover sparklers from the Fourth of July. Note the green watering can. DVD shelves from Wally World. Clock and candle holders from Kirkland's. Birdcage mirror from Cracker Barrel. Birdbath dish and bowl from Ross.
>>> I love the little bird candles from TJ Maxx. The dish they are in is from a thrift store. The candles on the stand with the rocks are from a neighbor. Pyramid monkey is from the same thrift store as the dish. The doilies are from the $ Tree. I ♥ that place. I have books everywhere. Even in the bathroom. :)
<<< Sorry this picture is so dark. It's pretty cloudy outside today (Friday is when I started this post). Mirror is from Kirkland's. Horseshoe above door was made by a fellow army-wife, Colby. It is yellow with a ribbon hanging from the bottom. The KEYS plaque is from Ross, I believe. The Bless Our Home shelf/rack thingy is possibly from TJ Maxx or H.L. The flag stars and heart are from H.L. Table came from a neighbor that was moving out and didn't have room for it. It was cherry red, but I painted it. The ottoman is actually white with a gray blanket thrown over it until I can find some pretty fabric to cover it. We bought it at the thrift store for $35. The dog came with the husband. I guess technically we're still paying for her. Haha.
- I think maybe I got carried away with all the green. What do y'all think?
- I've been reading Chelsea Handler a lot lately. She is so funny. I think next, I'm finally going to finish up the last four books of the Sookie Stackhouse series (aka True Blood on HBO) by Charlaine Harris. Also on my list is The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini.
- I changed my mind and read The Kite Runner instead. It was pretty good. I was unprepared for the graphic scene and then they wanted to flash back to it a few times. Ugh. All-in-all, it was a good read. I wouldn't rank it on the top of any lists though.
- I'm currently reading The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. So far, it's confusing. But, I'm only on the 2nd chapter.
- Did I tell y'all that we got rid of the beetles? They just stopped showing up when it got hot. But yesterday when I cleaned the living room, I moved the rug by the front door and there were three under it. Not a big deal since I hadn't vacuumed since last Monday. But now, we have earwigs. Nasty little things and I can't stand them. At least the beetles didn't bite. And the beetles were slow moving. We're not the only ones with these earwig things though. We cat-sat for our neighbor over the weekend while they were out of town and when I was refilling the cat's water cups, I saw an earwig on the sink. I think they're just bound to be in every apartment b/c of the area. They're attracted to water and moisture, so I don't know why I keep finding them in the living room and bedroom. Ewww.
- Facebook still reminds me of my statuses from last year:
- My sister is so funny.
- Meirikichitokufu is my Japanese name. Or Meirikichi for Whit. What is yours? Use this to help you: TRY YOUR NAME IN JAPANESE:
- I think this random thing has gone on long enough for this Tuesday. Til next time...