Well. Obviously I didn't foresee this little hiccup in plans. Lemme just tell you how this weekend went:
- First of all, J had drill this past weekend, so we spent the night Friday with Mama. Then Sat, he went to drill. Tim came home Saturday and we had a barbecue over at Amanda's house. Then Sunday, Mama and I were just chillin' waiting on J to get off work to come pick me up. Then, Barry (Mama's cousin. Nana's sister, Edith's son. got that?) called Mama and said that his Mama couldn't get in touch with Nana. Mama tried to call Nana and couldn't get in touch with her. Then, he went over to her house and banged on the door, but she didn't answer. So, Mama and I got ready and left for Gadsden.
- When we got there, we found Nana in the floor at the foot of her bed. Apparently, she was headed to bed Saturday afternoon and left her walker in the hallway and was using the bed rail to walk around, lost balance and fell. She couldn't get up and didn't have the phone with her, so she was laying there all night on her back. She was really sore and weak, so we had her hospice nurse call an ambulance to take her to the hospital. They checked her out and said that everything was fine. She kept complaining about her left leg and hip, so they've been x-raying her for the past three days. She's going to be moving into a rehabilitation center and then into a nursing home. She doesn't want to live anywhere but her own home, but it's time for her to have help.
- I was so tired Tuesday, that I didn't feel like posting an RTT. Sorry about that y'all. Not that anyone links up on mine anyway...
- Toddlers and Tiaras (one of Mama's "shows") is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever witnessed.. That's all I'm gonna say.
- This is hilarious. Have you seen any of Simon's Cat videos before?
- This is one of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen on a photographer's site:
- I finally finished reading "Under the Dome" by Stephen King yesterday. It only took me 5 days. LOL. 1,072 pages!! It was really good. Not what I expected, but still really good. If you're apprehensive about reading it because of the author, don't be. It wasn't scary at all. Suspenseful, but not scary.
- I'm 21 books behind on my goal of 100 books for 2011. Any suggestions on quick-reads? Feel free to recommend me a book on goodreads.com. :)
- Sorry this is going to be so short, I'm tired. It has been a long week.