- Have you noticed I haven't been blogging much lately? That's because last Tuesday, I broke the laptop. I laid it on the couch to go turn off the tv after J went to bed. And it slid off of the couch, landed on the part where you plug it in and it jammed the "thingy" up inside the laptop. Couldn't charge the battery, so I couldn't get online. We took the laptop to be fixed Wednesday, but it couldn't be repaired at the store and they couldn't look up the information to see if it was still under warranty. So, J called the number and had the laptop registered. Apparently, it was never registered, but that's ok; it is now! We boxed it up and shipped it off Saturday after the packing supplies came Friday.
- I haven't been blogging because I hate using this old laptop. It takes about 30 minutes just to get the stupid thing turned on and the browser page open. (This is also why I haven't been replying to comments. Bare with me.)
- We went hiking and swimming Saturday. I didn't take pics of the place because it was so hot by the time we got there, that we jumped in ASAP! By the time we left, there were at least 50-60 people there. The hike in was about 1/2 mile and it was HAWT!
- We gave Sabrina a bath in the back "yard" Sunday with the new hose/shower soaping thingy J bought. Waste of money if you ask me, but it's fun to use. She did NOT like it, of course. I took lots of pictures while J bathed her. I'll have to post them later though. This computer is too slow to load them.
- I got woken up Monday morning at 4 something by the upstairs neighbor. I swear, she is the loudest skinny person I've ever known. She makes so much racket that I can't even hear the tv. I really hope she's moving out and that's the reason she's making so much racket at 4am in the morning. Who moves their furniture around that early??
- We hung our new clock from Kirkland's up this weekend. I love it, but I'm thinking it ticks too loudly...
- We went to the movies Friday night and saw Priest in 3D. It was really awesome. Scary awesome, but worth seeing. The 3D parts were really cool too.
- Finally hung the "Bless Our Home" coat hook by the front door. I drilled the holes, put in the little plastic thingies to hold the screws in the drywall and when I went to hang it, the screws were too close together... I have no clue what happened. I measured at least 3 times before I drilled. *Sigh*...I stil got it to hang up though, with the help of J. We just bent the screws away from each other. lol.
- Anyone play Gardens of Time on Facebook?? That game is so addictive.
- I love the part on Up where Charles Muntz tells Mr. Fredericksen to "spit it out" and Mr. Fredericksen spits his dentures out at him. Hilarious.
- I chopped my hair off Friday. It was down to the middle of my shoulder blades and now it barely touches my neck. I'll have to get J to take a picture of me so I can post it when we get the laptop back.
- J's hours have gotten drastically cut back at work, so he's really on me to get a job. I'd really like to have one of those stay-at-home jobs. LOL. Anyone hiring in Anniston, AL?
- J and I watched Tremors and Tremors II and III over the weekend. Did you know the little girl that plays Mindy is the same girl that played in Jurassic Park? Totally.
- Saturday when we went hiking I texted Mama to tell her where we were going and when we got back home I was supposed to text/ call her to let her know we made it back ok. I forgot because I crashed for a 2 1/2 hour nap. When I finally called her around 8:30, she said, " I thought you had gotten raptured." I was like, what?? She said that some guy named Harold Camping had predicted that the Rapture was going to occur on May 21, 2011. Well, apparently it didn't happen, because I know I'm going to Heaven when Jesus comes! Besides, the Bible says that NO man knows the day or the hour.
- I've had a headache off and on for the past week. Ugh. I have one now.
- We bought curtains for the bedroom. Alas, no pictures. But soon.
- This is as random as I can muster for now. Headache + too much stuff to do= no blogging time.
24 May 2011
RTT: I broke the thingy...
Let's be random. I'm sure you all know the drill by now. If not, check out Keely's blog, The Un Mom and see what all this randomness is about on Tuesdays across blog land. Be sure to link up your RTT posts at the bottom of this post. :)