28 March 2010

Sips-N-Strokes with the girls...

Instead of having our regular FRG meeting, we decided to have a girl's outing to Sips-N-Strokes...the e-mails were sent out well in advance but when it came time to actually go, only 5 of us were able to attend. But we had a blast! I picked Colby up in Oneonta and she and I went shopping at the Galleria, where we ate lunch @ Ruby Tuesdays and I saw Stephen! Haven't seen him in ages. He's working there now apparently. 
 Colby and I each chose 2 appetizers because we were both really hungry. LOL. 

She had the mozzarella cheese sticks and the queso dip with chips. I had the cheese quesadillas and spring rolls. It was all really good except the queso dip, which was too greasy. Thankfully we didn't have to pay for it. :)


After we ate, we shopped around a bit. We spent a lot of time in B&BW smelling all the air fresheners and then to Yankee Candle where we smelled all the candles. It was so awesome, but of course, my sinuses started to protest. I did however buy $10 worth of votives. :) They smelled so great, I couldn't resist. I got one that reminded me of Jeremy. :) (I miss him so!)

After we were through shopping, we left for Sips-N-Strokes which was only 10 minutes away. We met up with Suzette, Brenda and Alice and checked in. We got our canvases and paints and chatted until the instructor started talking. We had a blast! I was so scared of messing up my painting. LOL. 
  

I was afraid to put too much of one color on there..and of course you can always fix it...My background turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. Of course it changed a lot before I was completely finished with it...For one..It looks like a sunset in this pic. But it's really water and sand.




When it came time to make the girl, we had to draw a yellow oval for her head..I didn't want it to be to big, but one of the ladies that worked there came over and said to just do it fast, so I did and it turned out pretty good. 
I didn't get to take many pics, because the instructor was going so quickly. I messed up my little girl's arm, but I fixed it so it wasn't so fat. LOL. It still isn't in proportion to her body..but oh well.

I can't wait to do it again! 
Everyone else's paintings turned out really great too. Mostly it was a lot of fun. 






Afterwards, we (minus Suzette who had to get home to her precious little boys) went to a local sports diner and had cokes and appetizers...well I had a yummy salad. :) Then we sat around talking and stood in the parking lot talking until we were too cold to anymore. Brenda and Alice had rode together, so they left and I took Colby back to Oneonta and came home. 


All in all, it was a great day! I can't wait to do it again. I knwo that Colby's artistic side has been sparked again and mine as well. We are all in agreement that next time, the painting will be more simple. LOL.

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers