30 March 2010

Remember when phones worked both ways?...

I'm not one to talk on a phone...I don't like not being able to see to whom I am speaking...but lately, I just want to pick up my phone and call Afghanistan and have a nice long chat to whomever is in charge of things. 'Cuz they're not doing that great of a job!!!

It seems like only yesterday that I was able to just pick up my cellphone and call my husband. Now I can't. I think of something funny and want to tell him and I can't. I have a really tough day, like today and I can't call him and vent. And then just as I'm thinking all this, he calls. And then, I can't remember half the things I wanted to tell him, because I'm just so giddy to talk to him. :) Yes, he still gives me butterflies and I'm sure when he comes home, we'll still be going through the "honeymoon" stage. I can't wait...

So, I actually just got off the phone with my sweet hubby. And hanging up is so sad...everytime. I just don't want to let him go. I love him so much and we can talk forever just like he had been here all along and as if he might be coming home at the end of the day. It really makes me so angry that they've moved him for the third time!!!!! And now he has even more of a sub-standard living situation and no internet to boot! I really miss our daily Skype calls. Being able to see him as I'm talking to him makes a world of a difference. Does he complain through all this unfair treatment?? NO! I'm the one on the soap-box ranting and raving because of all the unfairness! Why should he be singled out to be moved to God-knows-where and away from all of the guys in "our unit"? Oh how I wish I were in charge of that whole situation!.....ugh. And don't forget that when I have something really important (to me anyway..) to tell him, I can't...and I can't even shoot him an e-mail describing my day and all the important things that I wanted to tell him. Because, chances are, I'll talk to him over the phone before he'll be able to check his e-mails. He has to go halfway around the country to use someone's else's internet. And then it's only for a few minutes. Not nearly long enough to read the book I've written to him and view all the cute pics of our nephew that I included in the attachments....and you can forget replying....THAT'S not gonna happen anytime soon. He'll probably be home before he even sees those pictures of Booger...

I guess I can come down from my soapbox now...

Wait..one more thing. I sent that sweet Soldier of mine a St. Patty's Day card and just in the nic of time, I found a four-leaf clover (after searching for two days) to put in the card for good luck...He tells me he got the card (s) (Because I sent two! =)) and the package I sent that same week and I ask him about the four-leaf clover that I looked so hard for...and he says, "What four-leaf clover?"....and "Where are my socks?"

Really?.....

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers