16 September 2011

Book Review: The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares

The Last Summer (of You and Me)The Last Summer by Ann Brashares

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


May contain Spoilers:

The reviews say this book is a must-read for fans of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. I don't think that's true. It didn't read anything like that series and the characters and setting were completely different. It was more like a Nicholas Sparks book than a Sisterhood book.



That being said, this book stands alone as a good read. It was very moving and I found myself getting anxious when Alice and Paul were together and when Riley got sick. I think that Alice and Paul punished themselves unintentionally by not trying to make it work after Alice found out Riley was sick. The whole situation was a mess.



I liked how the book ended, but would rather have had Paul buy Alice's family's beach house so they could keep it for themselves. I think Riley would have liked that. :P {You know, cuz characters are real to me.}



View all my reviews

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers