22 October 2011

Book Review: Brother Odd by Dean Koontz

Brother Odd (Odd Thomas, #3)Brother Odd by Dean Koontz

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this installment in the Odd Thomas series. I have had this book on my to-read list for quite awhile, along with the others in the series and this one didn't quite live up to the other two, but it was still a great read.



Odd has gone to live with the monks at St. Bartholomew's Abbey after the massacre in the mall that resulted in the death of his beloved Stormy. Odd has ventured to the Abbey to learn to live fully again and with the help of the Brothers, Nuns and Orphaned children, he is finding his way.



But of course, trouble is never far away where Odd Thomas is concerned. The bodachs are back and this time, there are children involved. As Odd ventures out to find out what the bodachs know that he doesn't, he stumbles across a monk in the oncoming-blizzard. Before he knows it, he's being conked on the head and the monk is gone. Then he encounters a never-before-seen entity that has him puzzled and observant. There are even a few questionable characters staying at the Abbey, including one of the novices!



Odd Thomas' adventure is worth reading and re-reading. Just don't read this one at night like I did. I had some strange creatures in my dreams!



View all my reviews

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers