22 October 2011

Book Review: If I Should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan

If I Should Die Before I WakeIf I Should Die Before I Wake by Han Nolan

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow. I loved this book. It should be a requirement for all high school Holocaust/history students.



Hilary is a neo-Nazi sixteen-year-old who is injured in a motorcycle accident and sent to a Jewish hospital, where she lies in a coma. She begins to relive the life of Chana, a Jewish teenager whose family suffered tremendously during the reign of Hitler in Poland.



The story as a whole makes you realize that no matter how bad you think you have it, someone somewhere else has had it worse. This is a great book to teach kids how to appreciate differences in religion/race/etc.



Even though Hilary started off as a neo-Nazi supporter, when she awakens from her coma, she realizes the mistakes she has made and plans to turn her life around.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers