22 October 2011

Book Review: Multiple Choice by Claire Cook

Multiple ChoiceMultiple Choice by Claire Cook

My rating: 2 of 5 stars


Originally I rated this three stars, but I changed my mind after I summed it up for my husband when he asked what I was reading. It was just so ho-hum.



March and Olivia, mother and daughter, are both attending college at the same time, just not at the same school. However, when forced to take on an intern position, they both choose the same radio station by coincidence. Olivia acts like a stuck-up, spoiled teenager who's parents pay for everything. {I don't understand this at all, especially since I've always paid for my own things.} I sided with March, even though she's a middle-aged college drop-out who has decided to have a mid-life turn-around or something.



The producer or whatever he is, at the radio station decides to fill a time slot that is being vacated by this crazy lady who has no clue what she's talking about. The new show will be co-hosted by March and Olivia. March has a crush on a guy at the station and feels like her marriage is dull.



Those are the major points. I mean really, nothing happens. There was no climax or anything significant. I could have gone forever without reading this and never felt any regret. I hate to be so harsh, but when I read a book, I like for something to happen.



Maybe pre-menopausal women will appreciate this more than I, especially since I don't have kids and have only been married 3 years. If you're looking for a book that doesn't require any brain-power, this book might interest you. Otherwise...



**Note: This does not reflect on the author as a whole, just on this book.**



View all my reviews

No comments:

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers