12 February 2011

"I Love You" Sign

Everyone uses the symbol for "I Love You".
{Even little babies can say I Love you!}

But do you know how the sign came to be?
It is American sign-language, but 
it is used all over the world! 

The sign is made up of 3 different letters.

'I'

'L'

'Y'

Put them all together, and you get:
 "I Love You"

*******************************************************
A couple of cute ways to say "I LOVE you"
across a crowded room are by mouthing:
   
"Olive Juice"
(this is my favorite!)
or
"Elephant Shoes"

Or you can say it at home with sticky notes 
 like I did at our apartment in 2008:


How do you tell your LOVEd ones how 
much they mean to you?

2 comments:

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

We started the I love you sign before Julia was even born. We like to make the sign and touch our fingers together.

Very extra cute with the baby fingers!

SB said...

I love this post. Lately my way of telling my husband I love him is to email him every day so he has something to look forward to.

Sweet Home Alabama
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Sabrina

PitaPata Dog tickers

Tobias

PitaPata Cat tickers

Reba

PitaPata Dog tickers